meet our team
Matthew Romanie D.C.
"Patients First" has always been Dr. Matt's focus and priority. Having been practicing chiropractic care for over 20 years, Dr. Matt has an ability to connect and communicate with his patients in a way that is rare and lacking in most modern health care practices. Dr. Matt takes the time to listen to his patients and to understand what is really going on with their bodies. Many times he has been able to pick up on subtleties that most practitioners have missed and determine the root cause of his patients' symptoms.
Dr. Matt became a chiropractor because he wanted to help people naturally, before they had the need for the medical doctor. Dr. Matt enjoys educating patients on their bodies and their physiology....knowledge is power! Dr. Matt believes people need to be able to be accountable for, and take charge of, their healthcare! He remains in practice because he truly loves his job and loves meeting and helping new people each and every day.
Dr. Matt holds three degrees: Bachelors of Science in Natural Science (Indiana University of Pennsylvania), Bachelors of Science in Human Biology (Northwestern Health Sciences University), Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine (Northwester Health Sciences University)
Dr. Matt is an avid bowler, and enjoys hanging out with his daughter who also loves to bowl!
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Faith Lopez DPT
Dr. Faith Lopez began her career in 2000 with an undergraduate degree in Athletic Training and Psychology from Olivet Nazarene University. She continued to work as a Certified Athletic Trainer as she pursued her doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL, in 2004.
She spent her first years treating in Sports Medicine; treating athletes, orthopedic conditions and post-op rehabilitation. She continued training in Industrial Health and worked in Occupational Health for almost ten years treating work related injuries, as well as injury prevention and screening. For the past five years she has been co-treating with a chiropractor and medical team.
Specializing in spine, posture education as well as a wide variety of orthopedic conditions. Faith is ASTYM certified and enjoys using a personalized, manual therapy, hand on approach to treat her patients. In her free time, she enjoys traveling to warm places with her husband, Hugo and family and watching her her three children participate in gymnastics, softball and baseball.
Physical Therapy Assistant
Julia Daavettila, is from Dollar Bay Michigan, which is located in the Upper Peninsula. She attended Finlandia University, in Hancock, Michigan where she earned her associates degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant in May, 2018. After finishing her clinical rotations in Michigan, she moved to Minnesota and started working for Advacare Health Services in May 2019. She has a great passion for patients and helping them in their wellness journey. In her free time she enjoys being outdoors; being with family and friends; shopping; traveling; and playing recreational sports.
Dennis Lenselink D.C.
Dr. Lenselink, graduated from Northwestern College of Chiropractic in 1981. He went on to open his own c;inic in 1989 in Bloomington, MN. He currently acts as the patient care coordinator as well as clinical consultant, when he is not treating patients or performing acupuncture. He enjoys fishing, hunting, traveling with his wife Donna and following the adventures of his two sons.
As a Doctor of Chiropractic, I see value in anything that enhances your well-being and comfort, without jeopardizing your health. Pain is the last symptom to appear and the first to leave. Therefore, even though you have no pain it does not mean that your spine is functioning normally as nature intended or that your nervous system is free of interferences.
- President, Clinic Director and Chief of Staff
Advanced Chiropractic Back & Neck Pain Center
- Clinic Director
Amsden Ridge Chiropractic
- Clinic Director
- Minnesota Chiropractic Association Member 1981-present
- Wisconsin Chiropractic Association Member 1994-present
- American Public Health Association Member 1994-present
- North American Cervicogenic Headache Society 1997-present
- American Academy of Clinical Applied Spinal 1988-present
- Biomechanical Engineering (A.A.C.A.S.B.E.)
- President, State Board A.S.B.E 1991
- Research and Development Committee A.S.B.E. 1988-1995
- Founding Member, Minnesota State Council A.S.B.E. 1990
- Board of Directors – Verticare 1992-present
- Board of Directors – Chiro-Serv America 1992-present
- Minnesota Chiropractic Association Sports Council Member 1992-present
- Minnesota Chiropractic Association Insurance Relations Committee Member 1991-present
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Diplomat 1981
Certifications & Licensures
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic (NWCC) Graduate 1981
- Licensed to practice in Minnesota and Wisconsin 1982
- Post-graduate certification in Acupuncture – 1982
- Surface Electromyography
- Impairment Rating
- Certified in Impairment Rating, Northwestern College of Chiropractic 1981
- Certified in Physiological Therapeutics, Nutrition and Roentgenology, Northwestern College of Chiropractic 1981
- Diplomat of the American Academy of Clinical Applied Spinal Biomechanical Engineering 1991
- Independent Medical Evaluations and Claims Review
- Diverse Companies 1980 – present
- American Medical Bill Review, LLC, Reading, CA 1998 – present
- Med Net, Duluth, GA 1998 – present
- Medtor, Bloomington, MN 1998 – present
- Premier Medical Review 2001 – present
- Adjusters Choice 2002 – present
- Licensed with State of Minnesota #INDEP 219
- Registered with State Board of Examiners to perform Acupuncture
- Instructor for Clinical Pathology and Physiology for the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies Fall 1996
- Health and Wellness presentations to public, business, industry, civil service employees and daycare providers 1983 – present
- Workshops for attorneys, doctors and lay persons on current research and literature on treatment and documentation of soft tissue damage 1992 – present
- Director and Creator of “To Your Health”, 30-minute shows on Bloomington Public Television 1993 – present
- Pre-employment and industry consulting on treatment and reduction of on-site injuries 1983 – present
- Teaches “lifting” programs and prevention of injury programs 1984 – present
- Works closely with companies and handles mandated testing including:
- D.O.T. exam and drug testing
- Pre-employment physicals
- Pre-employment and random drug testing
- Post-injury physicals and treatment
- Coach, trainer and safety advisor for Bloomington Athletic Association Sports program & Eden Prairie Soccer Association 1985 – 1990
- Chiropractor for members of Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Vikings and Timberwolves 1990 – present
- Chiropractor to professional, college and high school athletes 1982 – present
- Team advisor, U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute team 1989 – 1992
- Team Consultant and trainer to the Gilboa Ski Team, largest in Unites States, Hyland Hills Ski, Bloomington, MN 1991 – 1997
- Trainer and Safety Director, American Drug Free Powerlifting Assoc., Police and Fireman Nationals (A.D.F.P.A.) 1990 – 1993
- Trainer and safety director, Minnesota Senior State Championships, Powerlifting meet 1990 – 1993
- Trainer and safety director, Senior World, Junior State Nationals 1991
- Trainer and safety director, Northwest Racquet and Swim Club, A.D.F.P.A. 1989 – 1994
- Advocate for health care reform that ensures accessible and appropriate health care at an affordable cost
- Team Physician and Trainer for the Minnesota Wolfpack Semi-Professional football team, 2007
- Team Physician and Trainer for the Minnesota Vixen Women”s Professional Football team, 2007
- State of Minnesota, Governors Certificate of Commendation Quality Award winner from the Minnesota Council for Quality presented by Governor Rudy Perpich 1990
- “Best of Show” Bloomington Public Television for “To Your Health” educational programs 1998
- How to be a Holistic Health Practitioner, mentorship of Dr. John Brimhall 2000 – present
- Post-graduate training in Strength Training and Conditioning 1997
- Certificate in Training for Post-Surgical and Post-Injury Rehab from American Academy of Health and Fitness Professionals 1997 – present
- 40 – 60 hours bi-annually of continuing education (40 required) i.e. X-ray Safety, Reading X-rays, Professional Boundaries and Infectious Diseases 1997 – present
- Course work in Professional Boundaries and Infectious Disease 1996 – present
- Post-graduate training in Family Practice 1996 – present
- Spinal Research Institute of San Diego motor vehicle accident reconstruction, spinal and soft tissue damage diagnosis and documentation, treatment and rehabilitation 1993 – present
- Post-graduate training as a business industrial and workplace injury reduction specialist 1983 – present
- Post-graduate education and training in the American Academy of Clinical Applied Spinal Biomechanical Engineering 1988 – present
- Post-graduate education toward certification in spinal trauma 1998 – present
Skydiving, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross-country skiing, antiques, biking, snowmobiling, weight training, karate, and coaching my children in a variety of sports.
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm
Drug Screening Only
By Appointment Only